About the Blog
This is my diary....what I make sense of, around me. You'll find short prose on contemporary topics that interest me. What can you expect - Best adjectives? …. hmm occasionally, tossed around flowery verbs ?…. Nope, haiku-like super-brevity? … I try to. Thanks for dropping by & hope to see you again
May 28, 2009
• Alarm Clock: Device that wakes you up just in time to go back to sleep.
You asked the Alarm to watch & wake you, isn’t it?
• I'm wearing black until they make something darker.
Mind has blacked out.
• Recession - I've lowered my expectations to the point where they've already been met.
Wait until it gets worse
• Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Uncommonly common eh?
• Philosophy is life's dry-nurse, who can take care of us - but not suckle us.
No wonder drives many to Psychiatry ward.
• He who laughs last didn't get it.
Or maybe he is faster than you think. He is already laughing at your next joke.
• Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.
Resistance to Change
• Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery
Which Cell has he been confined to?
• Maybe this world is another planet's hell!
As though it was not enough here.
• Time is the best teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students!
Moral: In the long run we are all dead
• Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off.
Ignorance can be stressful
• Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Atleast something is free, even if it’s a joy ride
• A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Reminds me of Tele-Marketing!
• R u thinking what I'm thinking that I think that Ur thinking I'm thinking, because if u think that I think what I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem?
I thought as much
• Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
• It's always darkest before it turns absolutely pitch black.
• By the time you read this, you’ve already read it.
Is it disclaimer or statutory warning?
• If you are going through hell, keep going.
Johnny Walker is hopping
• If a man who cannot count finds a shit load of cash, is he lucky?
Could be, if he has a cash counting machine.
• If you don't want anyone to know, don't do it !!!
Or don’t get caught in the Act.
• Every new beginning is some beginning's end.
Well it certainly is the end of this piece.
May 22, 2009
• If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?
No. Not until the synchronization is in the drowning too.
• A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
That feel good can be explained by science while feel hurt cant, so its 'con'science
• Is reading in the bathroom considered multi-tasking?
Multi skilling would be an apt word
• Why is abbreviation such a long word?
Because it is going the distance so that others fall short
• When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane and going the wrong way.
Why? You could be just standing there & guiding all of it.
• What's the speed of dark?
1- Speed of light (on absolute scale of 0 to 1). Light is chasing darkness isn’t it?
• What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
You are dead twice as over
• We were born naked, wet and hungry. Then things got worse.
Things always go from bad to worse.
• The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Is it simple interest or confounded interest
• Breaking News: The Bermuda Triangle got tired of warm weather. It moved to Finland.
Has anything gone missing there
• Santa Claus is missing.
When was he found?
• Mix up: Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!
Tragic beginning & end
• Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.
• Laughing stock: cattle with a sense of humor.
Or cattle listening to swine flu jokes. Poor things dint realize what hit them.
• When you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
Truth should not be taxing to the mind
• How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?
When the pen nib starts squeaking
• For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
More apt would be : Virgin Parachute on sale, owner missing
• Error, no keyboard. Press F1 to continue.
Is it the F with finger up or down
• Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
Something god created to call ‘Entertainment Programme break’
• Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.
Whats the second? Anyway the second one becomes irrelevant after the first
• Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
And what do they practise? – Scepticism?
• The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another.
Programme scripting error
• To be natural is such a very difficult pose to keep up.
Because natural is so unusual
• Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?
Circular reference error. Its a bit like the dog trying to scratch its tail, the itch is there but you cant reach it.
May 19, 2009
May 14, 2009
The last part of the inspiration bit was interesting i.e, iPod. Its creator Apple stands out in a world of bland corporate identities & product designs. Its visual identity , store design & product designs have been inspiring. They touch people at a emotional level when most product fail to do so and most of that Credit goes to Steve Jobs , its honcho who is apparently very passionate about aesthetic beauty & excellence and demands both.
May 10, 2009
May 7, 2009
May 6, 2009
May 3, 2009
Back at his office again I noticed that the lift seemed to take a very long time to come down, getting impatient I turned to him and said ‘ Chal, lets walk up - hardly 3 floors’. ‘Yaar’ my friend replied wearily ‘ bus yehi ek cheez hai that is uplifting in this office & you want me to avoid that?”
May 1, 2009
I recently wrote a small piece on the elections in my Kannada blog Parikalpane which was admirably translated into English by Anuj Valmiki. I have reproduced his effort here (in Pic). He probably was responding to a call made by my friend Shaz who found a lot of what was written going over his head! Coming to translation, it is said that the genius of the English language is the genius of the people who use it. However democratic this language may be , it still cannot fathom or replicate many of the words that we commonly use in our vernacular languages. A given set of words will have various meanings or shades of thoughts when woven into a sentence, so even though the translation may bring out some comprehension it may not necessarily capture its essence. This is because words are loaded with meaning that is more than just definition; we invest them with an emotion. Other words are based on evolved concepts. So what really happens is that , more often than not, it gets rediscovered in translation. In a larger context it may have got to do with the cultural differences, a prism through with the emotions & feelings gets translated into language.