About the Blog

This is my diary....what I make sense of, around me. You'll find short prose on contemporary topics that interest me. What can you expect - Best adjectives? …. hmm occasionally, tossed around flowery verbs ?…. Nope, haiku-like super-brevity? … I try to. Thanks for dropping by & hope to see you again

January 17, 2010

Open Office

I was in Bidar recently conducting a 1 day workshop for Govt officials in their district office premises. During the course of our meeting a stray dog entered our meeting room and was quickly given marching orders. That reminded me of a similar instance in Hassan district office when a similar meeting was interrupted by a beggar seeking alms. When I narrated this incident, the senior district officer quipped rather wryly “Yehan toh OPEN OFFICE hai” (its open office here).

Now I know what the term actually means and probably where the German Software Company Stardivision (now owned by Sun Micro system) that developed this software could have got its inspiration from.

2 comments:

BK Chowla, said...

I am not surprised at any comment from a govt office.

Nona said...

:) @ the term "Open Office"

Feedburner Count