About the Blog

This is my diary....what I make sense of, around me. You'll find short prose on contemporary topics that interest me. What can you expect - Best adjectives? …. hmm occasionally, tossed around flowery verbs ?…. Nope, haiku-like super-brevity? … I try to. Thanks for dropping by & hope to see you again

May 3, 2009

Lift Kara de

Last week I visited a friend at his office in Kormangala & in between our chats , the topic of current gloom and how it affected his business crept up. Later we went down to a nearby cafe where he lamented about how the job sucked & that the belt tightening exercises in these recessionary periods made matters worse in office.

Back at his office again I noticed that the lift seemed to take a very long time to come down, getting impatient I turned to him and said ‘ Chal, lets walk up - hardly 3 floors’. ‘Yaar’ my friend replied wearily ‘ bus yehi ek cheez hai that is uplifting in this office & you want me to avoid that?”

1 comment:

Nona said...

Couldn't help laughing at this one!

Feedburner Count